Pages

21 May 2011

Day 7: Chorley -> Tebay

I think I angered the Lance Armstrong god yesterday. Punishment came in the form of some properly relentless down-pour. Of course it could be the Rapture, though the people of Tebay seem like wholesome non-heathen types so it would be a tad unfair if the end of the world started here. Joking aside it was one of the toughest and most rewarding rides I've ever had. I flew up hills I'd have struggled with on day 1 and made excellent time with the light that is Dr Who at the end of the tunnel. Got in with 30 mins to spare but remembered I'd missed last weeks - futile waste of energy, but if i'd been outside much longer I could have been washed away, or faced locusts or something...

Officially half way now. 7 of 14 days done - feels good, but I'm really missing Rosie and home. I've hit the magic £2000 target thanks to you marvellous people. When I originally set it I didn't ever think it would happen and now it has I'll move the goalposts.

Weather tomorrow looks equally grim... fingers crossed end of world :)