Pages

25 May 2011

Day 10: Edinburgh -> Balinluig

A lovely breakfast in my B&B. Louise, who was hosting, did an amazing job on the Aga (still no electricity) to prepare a full English. Had a really good chat with an affable Australian couple whilst we enjoyed home made Raspberry jam on toast. Louise also sent me on my way with sandwiches and bananas which was hugely appreciated.

The wind damage as I made my way over the Firth and up towards Perth was severe and I witnessed plenty of toppled trees which had in some places taken down power lines. With hindsight I'd probably not have cycled yesterday, but I'm glad I did and it was certainy an experience.

By the time I got to Perth I'd run out of steam and battery on my phone. I stopped in an Aga shop and with some name dropping (thanks Rosie) I ended up staying for soup, tea and shortbread and more banter with Regina and Paul, who can be seen above posing with the new Aga model, the TC. Thank you both!

Followed Sustrans route 77 to Ballinluig and arrived feeling pretty knackered. Glad there's only 4 days left, 2 of which will be off road.

I think Aga should give me some commission!